A training course is essential if you are to fully understand and apply IEC61508/IEC61511 and if you are involved in the design, production or manufacture of safety related systems, intending to apply the standard, responsible for determining if the standard is applicable to your organisation and accountable for safety management in your organisation.
ESC offers training courses which can be given in-house or at the customer’s site. In addition ESC will customise training courses to meet particular company needs. The training programmes will provide engineers and their companies with the best way of learning about automation reliability, availability and safety. The company will explain standards and technologies in the design, production or manufacture of safety-related systems.
ESC can offer a range of courses to cater for different customer requirements and needs; for example:
- 1 day introduction to functional safety & IEC 61508 (aimed at those new to IEC 61508 and also those having management responsibilities for functional safety);
- 2 day introduction to functional safety & IEC 61508 (aimed at those new to IEC 61508 and also engineers who need to have defined competences in functional safety);
- 3 & 4 day courses on functional safety & IEC 61508 family of standards (with examination & certificate on successful completion). The course aimed at engineers who need to have defined competences in functional safety.
ESC offer training courses on the following topics:
- IEC 61508 / IEC 61511;
- Machinery safety which will incorporate Health And Safety At Work Act 1974;
- Risk assessment methods to BS EN 14121;
- Design of safety related electrical/electronic/programmable electronic (E/E/PE) systems to meet the requirements of: EN13849-1 (Safety of machinery-Safety related parts of control systems); and EN 62061 (Safety of machinery-Functional safety of safety-related electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems)
- Guarding of machinery – General requirements for the design and construction of fixed and moveable guards to BSEN953
Further information regarding Seminars and Workshops can be obtained direct from the company: ERM.ESCInfo@erm.com