Introduction to HAZOP – Online, February 2021
Date(s) - 22/02/2021
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Check for other dates
The Introduction to HAZOP Course is a one day course intended to provide an introduction to the fundamentals of a HAZOP study.
As part of the Risk Analysis process detailed in international standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) tools such as HAZOP and OPerability (HAZOP) are used to identify potential undesirable events that could lead to hazardous scenarios or operability problems within a process.
By the end of this course, participants should have an appreciation of:
- The concept of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) in the context of the requirements of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- The concept of Hazard, Risk and the As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) principle
- Essential Features of a HAZOP Study
- Structured Methodology applied in a HAZOP study
- The concept of Risk Ranking and Risk Matrices for use in the study
- Application of HAZOP studies for Batch Processes
- Key Points when preparing for a HAZOP workshop
- Use and application of the software package ProSet’s PHA Comp Module to conduct and record PHA studies
Full Course Outline is available here.
The training course will he held at 9.00am and will finish at 17.00pm.