Introduction to Functional Safety – Online, May 2021
Date(s) - 10/05/2021
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Check for other dates
The course will focus on the fundamentals of Functional Safety, incorporating the generic standard IEC 61508, which is a key cornerstone of subject and other related standards. The course continues and sets out the relationships to other sector and product standards.
This is a standalone course for people interested in finding out more on Functional Safety and is a benefit for those attending the TÜV Rheinland FS Engineer’s course, providing a grounding/reminder of the foundations of Functional Safety in advance of the four-day course.
Click here for a brief Introduction to Functional Safety.
The course can be delivered in person or via our virtual classroom.
By the end of this course, participants should have an appreciation of
- Management of functional safety
- Safety Lifecycle Concepts
- Compliance framework for IEC 61508
- Functional safety and the role of IEC 61508 and other related standards in achieving functional safety
- The concept of risk reduction, risk reduction parameters and the concept of a tolerable risk
- The concept of a safety function with respect to its functionality and its performance
- The role of a safety-related, other engineered measures and risk parameters in achieving a tolerable risk
- Concept of Safety Integrity and Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- SIL determination concepts and methods
- Functional Safety Assessment and Certification
Full Course Outline is available here
Please contact us at email@example.com for more details on this event