Typical services provided by ESC in the Power Generation sector include:
- Undertaking Quantitative Risk Assessment for Flood Gate Control System, including SIL Targeting for Dam overtopping; spurious unplanned opening and ‘River allowed to run dry’ hazards. Also providing Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Verification for corresponding Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
- Conducting risk assessments on operation and maintenance activities in order to produce safe working procedures
- Carrying out risk assessments for Hydro Power Plant including analysis of water system; turbine / generator and utilities.
- Identifying required protection systems and inspection / test requirements
- Wind Farms
- Conducting risk assessments of the general operation of wind turbines to identify hazards associated with the company employees and the general public
- Providing a review of the risks associated with the maintenance of wind turbines