ESC to present ‘How Safe is Safe Enough?’ webinar for the Safety and Reliability Society
ESC’s Ron Bell is presenting “How Safe is Safe Enough?” webinar for the Safety and Reliability Society on Wednesday 19th June 2019, from 1pm to 2pm.
How Safe is Safe Enough?
The presentation will set out the key elements that form the foundation for determining what is deemed “safe” in the context of Safety Instrumented System (SIS) in order to judge “How Safe is Safe Enough?”.
In particular, the presentation will cover:
- Risk Reduction Concepts & Target Harmful Event Frequencies
- The role of a critical systems in the risk reduction process
- The concepts of:
- Tolerable Risk
- The concept of a Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- “As Low As Reasonably Practicable” (ALARP)
- Accepted good practice approach to undertaking an ALARP demonstration
- A simple example of Cost Benefit Analysis will be considered in the context of a specific scenario.
The presentation will be followed by an Q&A session.