Fundamentals of Cyber Security (TÜV Rheinland)
Engineering Safety Consultants Ltd. is an approved course provider for Fundamentals of Cyber Security training of the TÜV Rheinland Cyber Security Training Program.
Why attend the course?
The Fundamentals of Cyber Security training course is a 4-day training course including a 2-hour exam.
The objective of this training course is to provide participants the necessary knowledge to successfully deal with the Cyber Security challenges in the context of architecture, specification, operation, management and maintenance of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) according to the relevant standard IEC 62443.
This training course provides an essential understanding of Cyber Security technical and application fundamentals in the context of industrial communication networks and relevant technologies.
This course also provides an understanding of the key principles and practices that are introduced in the advanced trainings “Security Risk Assessment” and “Cyber Security for Components” of the TÜV Rheinland Cyber Security Training Program.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of security and cyber security management and the key features of industry standards and technical reports
- Understand the fundamentals of industrial communication networks and relevant technology
- Understand the requirements for communication protocols, routing and segmentation
- Appreciate the key requirements for countermeasures, design, operations & maintenance regarding cyber security lifecycle phases, roles and responsibilities
- Understand the requirements for organisational security, business impact, planning and recovery in terms of policy, procedures, guidelines and competency requirements
- Understand the requirements for proper inspection, operation, maintenance and modification of installed cyber security measures as required by several safety & security standards
The Fundamentals of Cyber Security training course contents consist of the following eight topics:
- Security Awareness
- Standards, Frameworks and Guidelines
- Networking Basics
- TCP/IP Basics
- Technical Cyber Security
- Organizational Cyber Security
- Effective Countermeasures
- Further Aspects of Cyber Security
Who will benefit
The course is aimed at persons with a need to understand the requirements and objectives of cyber security in the context of IACS, including technicians, engineers, developers, system integrators, consultants and managers involved in the specification, design, development, maintenance, operations and management of IACS.
Pre-requisites for “Fundamentals of Cyber Security (TÜV Rheinland)” Certificate
There are no specific requirements for delegates wishing to attend this training course, however a basic knowledge of IACS, industrial communication networks and IT / OT interface user knowledge would be beneficial.
The Fundamentals of Cyber Security course is led by Dr Fan Ye, GICSP, CFSE, FS Eng (TÜV Rheinland), CEng, MSaRS, MIET who is a Principal Consultant, Engineering Safety Consultants (ESC) Limited.
Dr Fan Ye has worked in safety consultancy in industries including oil and gas, chemical, nuclear power and defence since completing his PhD in 2005. Fan is a Charted Engineer (CEng) by the Engineering Council via IET. He is a GIAC certified Global Industrial Control Security Professional (GICSP). He is a Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) and TÜV Rheinland and Technis certified Functional Safety Engineer. His expertise lies in the areas of hazard identification and risk assessment, safety case development, safety management, system reliability, and ICS Cyber Security.
Fan is a committee member of both the BSI GEL/65/1 and the IEC 61508 Part 3. Fan has extensive knowledge on international safety standards such as IEC 61508, IEC 61511 and UK Defence Standards and Military of Defence (MoD) policy. Fan is familiar with UK’s Health and Safety legislation and the As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) principle for safety risk management underpinned by cost benefit analysis.
Fan has chaired and facilitated numerous HAZOP and SIL determination (LOPA) studies in the UK and Middle East. He has also led a number of SIL verification studies and Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRAs) for major projects.
Course Duration & Examination
The course consists of three days of classroom tuition and practical guidance, mixed with practical exercises based on real life examples.
The exam takes place on the fourth day. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions only and is a “closed book” exam and of approx. 2 hours.
Course Approval Criteria
The pass mark for the examination is 75%.
The course will be undertaken in English.
(for those who did not pass the examination)
- Within one year after a failed examination, applicants may sign up once for another examination, free of charge. The re-sit of the examination will need to be on one of our other course dates.
- If applicants sign up for attending the training course again, they have to pay full course price
The price per participant is from GBP £1,990 + VAT depending on location.
This price includes:
- Course material
- Registration fees
- Fundamentals of Cyber Security (TÜV Rheinland) certificate issued by TÜV Rheinland
- Refreshments and Lunch
This course can be completed without taking the examination held on day 4. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance, but not a Fundamentals of Cyber Security (TÜV Rheinland) certificate. The price per participant is from GBP £1,650 + VAT depending on location.
Note: The course must be retaken in full to sit the exam.
Course evaluation will be via a ‘Survey Monkey’ email survey.
|There are currently no events scheduled|
Please contact us to discuss if you’d like any further information: